Foundation Crack Repair, Basement Waterproofing Blog

RSS - Grab A1 Foundation Crack Repair RSS Feed

Home Insurance Video Series: If a Tree on my Property Damages My House, Am I Covered by Insurance?

Joseph Coupal - Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Crackman, Rich Comeras, as a public service, shares common questions that homeowners have regarding a wide range of homeowner insurance coverages. Today he is joined by his friend, Peter Marshall, from Marshall Insurance where they discuss: IF A TREE ON MY PROPERTY DAMAGES MY HOUSE, AM I COVERED BY INSURANCE?

Rich: Hi, this is Rich from A1 Foundation Crack Repair, known as The Crackman. I’m here with Peter Marshall from Marshall Insurance, and a question that does come up is if a tree that is on my property falls on my house, am I covered?

Peter: Yes. Yes, your homeowner’s policy is going to cover the cost associated with removing the tree and make any repairs to the house, that were a result of the tree hitting the house. And something else to keep in mind, if a tree falls on your property and doesn’t hit a covered structure, like a shed, or the house, you can still have coverage to pay for the removal of the tree. It’s not included in the standard homeowner’s policy, but it can be added very inexpensively, and it’s typically included in a package of additional coverage that most homeowner’s insurance companies offer. So for a relatively small amount of money, you get a whole package of additional bell and whistle coverages, I like to call them. So if the cost to remove the tree that didn’t hit the house is $300, $500, you’re not going to have to pay that out of pocket. 

Rich: That’s good to know. And I know from experience anytime you have a tree guy come out, that’s going to cost you $1,500-$2,000. Peter: Yup.

Rich: So Peter, very good information. And thanks for listening. I’m Rich from A1 Foundation Crack Repair and with Peter Marshall of Marshall Insurance. So if you have any questions for insurance or foundation issues, feel free to give us a call. Thank you.         

If you have a basement water problem and think you need a professional, or, if you’d like more information on foundation repair and waterproofing topics, please visit or call Rich at (866) 929-3171. Or you can email rich at Thanks for watching and keep that basement dry.

Call Us Today at 866-929-3171

A-1 Foundation Crack Repair, Inc. is a fully registered home improvement contractor. Contact us today to talk to a knowledgeable, master waterproofing professional.