Basements are humid and musty, regardless of if they are finished or used only for storage. Because they are subterranean, basements are damp. Summer increases basement humidity. While the outdoor air is hot, the indoor air is cool, and this creates a dampness and musty odor.
Even if you only use your basement for storage, you need to keep your basement dry. Damp and humid basements can result in mold growth in your belongings and in the structure itself.
Benefits of Basement Dehumidifiers:
- Basement dehumidifiers reduce the amount of moisture in the air.
- Basement dehumidifiers stop mold growth in your home.
- Basement dehumidifiers improve indoor air quality.
- Basement dehumidifiers reduced moisture.
- Basement dehumidifiers allow for fewer insects.
- Basement dehumidifiers prevent water damage to personal property and belongings.
For information on choosing and installing a basement dehumidifier in your home, contact A1 Foundation Crack Repair.