Happy New year in advance to you from all of us at A-1 Foundation Crack Repair. We hope you have a safe and relaxing New Year's break. We also want you to know that when it comes to the health of safety of both you and your home, we never rest.. This is because we know the very clear and present dangers that a cracked foundation presents to you and your family.
So we'll make the focus of this final blog post calendar year 2011 to be a simple educational reminder of just what risks are introduced by ignoring the cracks in your foundation:
- Home Foundation Bulkhead Cracks enlarge due to neglect (water enters crack and freezes, making the crack wider each cycle)
- Radon (can cause lung cancer, stomach cancer, fatigue, headaches, allergies, and rashes)
- Mold (can cause many health problems to list a few: nasal stuffiness, shortness of breath, loss of urinary control, diminished mental capabilities, asthma complications)
- Insects (carpenter ants, termites, infestation, wood decay)
- Humidity (which could lead to decay of wood and other material stored in basement)
ODOR (uncomfortable conditions caused by decaying organic material from the soils on the exterior
For those of you who have not visited our "advice and tips" page, we invite you to visit the page where you will find some prudent things you can do to limit further damage to you home and more importantly, to take proactive measure to immediately protect yourself and your family from radon, mold, and other threats.