All of us here at A-1 Foundation and Crack Repair believe it is our obligation as a neighbor, and an honest merchant, to educate you as much as we possibly can. Your home and your family’s health depends on your knowledge of the dangers of ignoring failing foundations including common concrete floor cracks. Listed below are the “Big 6” problems caused by not addressing foundation cracks:
- Crack Enlarges due to neglect (water enters crack and freezes, making the crack wider each cycle)
- Radon (can cause lung cancer, stomach cancer, fatigue, headaches, allergies, and rashes)
- Mold (can cause many health problems to list a few: nasal stuffiness, shortness of breath, loss of urinary control, diminished mental capabilities, asthma complications)
- Insects (carpenter ants, termites, infestation, wood decay)
- Humidity (which could lead to decay of wood and other material stored in basement)
- ODOR (uncomfortable conditions caused by decaying organic material from the soils on the exterior
These are just some of the educational facts that we offer you out on our “Foundation Crack Repair Tips” page of the A-1 Foundation and Repair Website. In addition to the above, that page offers specific advice and warnings to both the home owner and the home builder such as how to provide the best waterproofing service possible.
Of course, the more you learn, the more questions you will have. Please know that we stand ready to answer any and all of your questions just as any good neighbor would do.