Foundation Crack Repair, Basement Waterproofing Blog

RSS - Grab A1 Foundation Crack Repair RSS Feed

Black Mold Is Nothing To Be Ignored

Joseph Coupal - Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Black mold is a greenish-black mold that grow mainly in wet or damp areas like wet leaves, hay or straw. It also grows in dry wall and wallpaper. Black mold grows well in plant, cloth, and wood type materials that has a relative humidity over fifty percent. That would explain why it is found in houses and buildings.

Black mold is not always spotted easily. You would not be able to see it under hidden surfaces like paneling, drop down ceiling tiles, dry wall, and even under carpeting. Mold will be more prominent in areas where it floods, places where there are leaks, and condensation on pipes or behind vinyl walls.

This type of mold is toxic and is considered to be a major health hazard concern. Black mold lets off a fungus toxin which can cause mycotoxicosis in human beings and their pets. Mycotoxins enter your body through the airways, the skin, and the mucus membranes in the nose or mouth. Exposure to the black mold is very hazardous to your health, a few symptoms that may be experienced are:

  • hard time catching your breath
  • eye and skin irritations
  • ongoing headaches, memory problems, and mood swings
  • diarrhea
  • fevers, aches, and pains
  • dry coughing and having a sore throat

Not only is black mold toxic to humans and pets, it will also destroy the surfaces and structures of where it grows. It will weaken floors, walls, and ceilings especially if it is let go and not taken care of properly. There is always the risk that it will come back, so monitoring it will decrease the risks. A-1 can help with your mold issue and get your home safe for you to live in again.


Call Us Today at 866-929-3171

A-1 Foundation Crack Repair, Inc. is a fully registered home improvement contractor. Contact us today to talk to a knowledgeable, master waterproofing professional.